1. Create an account on the website. This will allow you to create your own fabric design.
2. Go to the design studio. On the left side of the screen, you'll find a link to the design studio.
3. Click on "Add Design."
4. Upload your photo. Follow prompts 1-3 to upload your photo.
5. Now you can change the size and layout of your picture. If you're printing a small picture to be framed on the bum with embroidery, change the DPI so the photo is approximately 5x5". Select the "center" repeat option, and "test swatch (8x8)" for the size of the printed fabric. **Your photo may not be high enough resolution to reach the size that you need. If this is the case, you will need to edit the photo and save it with a higher resolution, then re-upload to Spoonflower. I used the app Bazaart on my iPhone to save my Tree of Life photo as a higher resolution.**
If you want to create a diaper with the photo repeating over the whole print, you can adjust the size of the photo and the repeat to your liking. A photo size of 7x7" up to 8x8" will fit nicely over the bum of a one-size diaper, for petite diapers, make your photo approximately 6x6" to 7x7". A fat quarter size of performance pique is enough to make one one-size or petite diaper. The one-size diaper will have a seam across the crotch of the printed material on the outside; the PUL inner layers will not have seams.
6. Order the fabric. Once you are satisfied with your photo arrangement on the fabric, you can complete the order. Make sure you order "performance pique" fabric - this is the best fabric base for cloth diapers. A fat quarter is enough for one diaper, or a test swatch if you're doing the frame embroidery. If you would like other items to be made with your fabric, a yard will be necessary. You can either ship the fabric directly to Owl Be Green, or have it shipped to you first, then send it to OBG.
Have fun creating - I can't wait to see what you make! :)